Browser proxy Settings
Malicious software may change your browser's proxy settings, and those changes can prevent you from accessing the internet. Please select the browser you use from the list below for information on how to manage proxy settings.
- Open the Tools drop-down menu at the top of your browser, then choose Internet Options.
- In the Internet Options window that pops up, select the Connections tab at the top.
- Select LAN Settings near the bottom of the Connections section.
- If the Proxy server checkbox is marked with a check, you can deselect/uncheck it.
- Select Ok to close the Local Area Network (LAN) Settings window.
- Select Ok to close the Internet Options window and save your changes.
- Select the Tools icon at the top right of your browser window, then select Options.
- In the Options window that pops up, select Advanced from the menu on the left.
- Select the Network tab, then Settings...
- Mark No proxy as your preference, if it isn't already set.
- Select Ok to save your changes and exit the Connection Settings.
- Open the Tools menu at the top right corner of your browser, then choose Settings.
- Select Show Advanced Settings at the bottom.
- Under the Network section, select Change Proxy Settings...
- Select LAN Settings near the bottom on the Connections tab.
- Select Ok to close the LAN Settings Window.
- Select Ok to close the Internet Properties window and save your changes.
- Select the Menu button in the top right corner of your browser, then select Settings.
- Scroll down to Advanced settings, then select View advanced settings.
- Select Open proxy settings, then scroll to Manual proxy setup.
- Make sure the Use a proxy server option is turned off.
- Select Save to save your changes and exit the window.
- Select Safari from the browser tool bar, then select Preferences...
- In the window that pops up, select the Advanced tab.
- Next to Proxies, select Change Settings...
- This will open the Proxies section of Network Preferences.
- Make sure all the proxy settings under Select a protocol to configure are unchecked, as well as any other proxy settings.
- Select Ok to save your changes and close the Network Preferences window.
- Select Firefox from the browser toolbar, then select Preferences...
- In the browser window that opens, select Advanced from the menu on the left.
- Select the Network tab, then select the Settings... button.
- Mark No Proxy as your preference, if it isn't already set.
- Select Ok to close the Configure Proxies to Access the Internet window.
- Close the Advanced settings window.